#14: Jason Timothy of MusicSoftwareTraining.com
Open up your minds, because Jason Timothy is about to fill it with gold. Jason is a professional music producer, DJ, Ableton Live coach, and author. He also runs the site MusicSoftwareTraining.com. What I like about Jason's work is that it's more than just tutorials on compressing kick drums, it is rooted in a philosophical stance on creativity and productivity. You could easily read his blog about music production and apply it to any artistic or creativity endeavor. This conversation proves that Jason is the real deal. It was a lot of fun for me and gave me lots to think about!
There's so much in here and we barely scratched the surface of some of Jason's work. Be sure to check the show notes below for some incredibly helpful resources.
Support the Podcast on Patreon
- MusicSoftwareTraining.com - Read Jason's blog. Seriously. You will learn and grow.
- Music Habits - The Mental Game of Electronic Music Production - Jason's 5-star reviewed book on Music Production
- Making and Finishing an Album - Words of wisdom on a tough topic
- Do it Like Your Life Depends on it (Because it Does) - Need some motivation?!
- How I Wrote 49 Songs in 1 Year - Jason wrote a song almost every week for a year. Here's the story of how.
- Learn with Splice - a great collection of mini-courses from Jason, myself, and some great musical minds.