#57: Emilio Guarino - Author of Make It: A Guide for Recent Music Graduates
Emilio Guarino is a bassist, music producer, and author of Make It: A Guide For Recent Music Graduates. His music ranges from orchestral to jazz and electronic. In his book, Make It, Emilio picks up where music school left off and offers practical tactics and insights one can use to begin a career as a musician.
It was really nice talking to Emilio about his experiences in the academic music world and how he has managed to bridge that world with the day to day life of a working musician. In this conversation, we talked about what it means to "make it," and the practices and philosophies one must embrace to find success in music.
- Official Website - The hub for Emilio's work.
- Make It - This book is not only covers the philosophical and practical path to finding success as a musician, but it just as easily serves as a metaphor for any creative endeavor.
- Chromatic Endpin - An angled endpin Emilio designed for upright bassists.
- Instagram - Follow Emilio visually.
- You've Never Hear Miles Davis' "Bitches Brew" - An NPR review of the classic album.
- Akimbo - Seth Godin's new podcast.